Friday, April 11, 2008

#7 Not to Worry


Everything is going to be alright.

Don't worry, Be happy.

In the end it will be ok, if its not ok, its not the end.

Toddlers have tantrums over bath time, drinking from the wrong cup or over a toy in a store. As adults, we all suffer from stress, anxiety, worry or fear at some point in our life and in extreme cases all the time. What if I lose my job? How will I pay my mortgage? I have more things to do than time in the day. How am I going to raise my children under these circumstances? We have adult tantrums. If we are not careful stress can take over who we are and who we are to become. Who ever solved a problem by worrying?

Christianity
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:6-7

Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? -Mathew 6:25 -27


Buddhism
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.

Islam
Do not fear. Indeed I am with you both. I hear and I see’.” [Sûrah TâHâ: 45-46]

Random

Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it. -Mark Twain

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. -Leo Buscaglia

Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. -Benjamin Franklin

You can't wring your hands and roll up your sleeves at the same time. -Pat Schroeder

Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow. -Swedish Proverb

A day of worry is more exhausting than a day of work. -John Lubbock

Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway. -Mary C. Crowley

No comments: